Salt & Sundry is looking for a Shop Director to lead our Union Market team. The primary responsibility of the shop director is to exemplify Salt & Sundry’s core values of hospitality, generosity of spirit, and inclusivity by creating a warm + welcoming shop experience for both customers and staff. The shop director is responsible for overseeing + directing shop managers and associates, establishing goals for the floor team and setting the tone for positivity, productivity and efficiency in the shop.
The ideal candidate is a natural and charismatic leader who genuinely loves people. A successful shop director will manage with flexibility and positivity. He or she is a resourceful and creative thinker who will create big picture goals and systems to grow and improve the shop and brand as a whole .
The key responsibilities of the shop director are as follows:Leadership + Management
- Set the example for positivity, professionalism, and work ethic among team
- Create an environment of warmth + hospitality for team members and customers
- Foster an environment that’s calm, supportive and non-reactionary
- Create goals for service + sales based on data and communicates them clearly to shop team
- Provide clear, constructive + positive feedback in a timely manner to facilitate employee growth
- Delegate daily tasks clearly to shop team at the beginning of each day
- Regularly deliver creative, outside the box strategies for improving your shop, sales and the brand as a whole
HR + Team Culture
- Proactively assess shop hiring needs + recruits + vets potential candidates to keep shop adequately staffed
- Implement a cohesive and ongoing training plan for new employees to ensure clear expectations
- Regularly schedule checks-in with team members to provide support + constructive feedback for growth + improvement
- Address employee performance issues quickly + constructively
- Show kindness, respect and charitable assumption towards coworkers on and off the shop floor.
- Manage employee birthday + workiversary calendar to provide personalized and timely gifts
- Develop + maintain a vast knowledge of all the products we carry and uses it to train team members on how to learn + sell
- Play to employee strengths and creates opportunities for their growth
- Treat and communicate shop responsibilities + action items as a collective goal
- Create a culture of positive morale + support among team members through consistent leadership, positive feedback + regular team events
Shop Experience + Customer Service
- Exemplify + fosters a welcoming, positive and service-focused shop environment through communication, body language + attitude
- Show customers kindness, respect and charitable assumption on and off the shop floor.
- Clearly communicate customer service information and requests across the team to ensure no balls are dropped.
- Actively work towards reaching sales goals by leading team with clear customer service expectations through training, and sales strategies
- Ensure prompt + polite customer follow-up communication on product requests for back in stock items, special order requests and complaints or issues
- Pursue and orchestrates custom orders to grow sales
- Plan + execute customer service perks + experiences + events on a regular, recurring basis
- Oversee + execute shop events with team from start to finish
Space Management + Visual Merchandising
- Regularly incorporate new products + changes shop displays to keep merchandising fresh and encourage sales
- Assist with strategizing, scheduling and executing seasonal window display changes with the help of the creative team
- Set the tone + maintain a clean, organized + welcoming storefront, shop floor and back of house environment for team + customers
- Oversee and assist with the completion of regular shop cleaning to create a pristine and welcoming shop environment for customers
- Identify + address shop housekeeping issues to promptly reach a solution or contracts the appropriate repair people to assist
- Create + oversee all scheduling needs for your shop to ensure shop is appropriately staffed to provide excellent customer service year-round
- Manage shop bank, cash reserve and deposits weekly
- Hand off important documents to finance team weekly
- Ensure shop is adequately staffed with necessary supplies and regularly communicates these needs to operations team
- Identify opportunities to improve operations and shop procedures and develops new systems to address them
- Regularly assess inventory needs and relays them to the operations team.
- Provide constructive feedback to operations team around transfers and inventory levels.
- Use data + inventory management tools to ensure all products are represented on the shop floor at all times
- Oversee and assist with weekly product transfers.
- Communicate with leadership team regularly and thoroughly through shop director + shift reports to keep them informed about shop happenings, HR, etc.
- Communicate goals and expectations to team members clearly and directly
- Exemplify shop culture by keeping communication calm, non-reactionary, honest and constructive at all times.
- Ask for support from the leadership team when needed.
- Keep communication open and regular with operations team to ensure product + supply needs are met.
- Full-time, salaried position with competitive benefits
- Flexible availability + commitment to working evenings, weekends and holidays a must
- Experience in customer service required
Please send an email with your résumé, salary expectations and why you think you’d be perfect for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER AVAILABLE POSITIONS