The Sun Room, the new headquarters + event space from the creative team behind Salt & Sundry and Little Leaf, is looking for an experienced Event Sales Coordinator to manage event bookings for our new warehouse space. We host both in-house events led by the Salt & Sundry and Little Leaf teams, as well as rent the Sun Room to third party clients for weddings, chef dinners, corporate gatherings and other private events.
The Event Sales Coordinator will be responsible for maximizing Sun Room revenues by consistently booking third party events in the space via promotion, outreach and diligent communication with prospective clients. The Event Sales Coordinator will work closely with the Sun Room Venue Manager + Event Coordinator, as well as our shop teams, to ensure all event needs are met from start to finish in order to provide a seamless experience for guests.
A successful candidate will be an extremely motivated self-starter with strong communication and sales skills. They will independently and actively seek out prospective clients across all avenues within the event industry. The ideal applicant is warm, hospitable and embodies our core values of exceptional service and generosity of spirit.
The primary responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Facilitate + execute space rental bookings to meet monthly Sun Room events sales goals as outlined by the leadership team
- Manage all Sun Room client communication
- Oversee email address and respond to all inquiries within 24 hours
- Manage the Sun Room Instagram account communication daily
- Provide thoughtful, informative and hospitable customer service via all avenues of client communication
- Coordinate + conduct site visits with potential clients
- Schedule visits flexibly to accommodate client needs (ie. outside business hours)
- Provide a warm, hospitable + friendly tour of the space
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of venue offerings + provide thorough information to encourage venue booking
- Oversee Sun Room event bookings from start to finish
- Conduct all written correspondence around potential bookings
- Answer client questions and provide supplemental resources and details to help them make their decision
- Create + oversee the signing of Sun Room Rental Agreement for each event
- Work with the Finance Director to create invoices and collect payment for all bookings in a timely fashion
- Liaise with the Venue Manager + Event Coordinator to connect the client and hand over all event details for a seamless transition after the Rental Agreement is finalized
- Flexible scheduling availability, able to work nights and weekends
- Commission-based pay
- Opportunity to grow with the Salt & Sundry and Little Leaf teams
- Experience in event booking and sales required