Salt & Sundry is looking for Shop Associates to join our Union Market, Logan Circle and Bethesda Row pop-up teams!
On a mission to inspire and promote well-being by empowering people to create thoughtful spaces that nurture and comfort them. We are storytellers, and we believe our homes are our sanctuaries, waiting to be filled with those stories. We are moved by the moments our customers find a perfect gift for someone special, or fall in love with the pillow that brightens up their whole space. And we are wildly passionate about supporting independent makers, designers and artists, especially women and people of color, and amplifying their work on our shelves.
An outgoing tastemaker and storyteller with a passion for design and decor. You’ll use your creativity and people skills to create a warm and hospitable experience for both customers and our team. You'll work to maximize sales by sharing product stories and helping customers solve their gifting and design needs. You'll work with managers to keep the shops looking fresh and inspiring and embody our laid-back, engaged style of customer service.
- Competitive wages
- Your favorite candle, pillow, throw (all our goods!) at an awesome discount
- A team culture that supports wellness, openness and individuality
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Associates with weekend, full-time and / or holiday availability
- Flexible availability and commitment to working evenings, weekends and holidays is a must
- Experience in customer service preferred
- Proof of vaccination against Covid-19
We are committed to keeping our team members safe during the Covid-19 pandemic and follow all local guidelines to ensure team safety.
Key responsibilities include:
- Welcome customers with a warm, upbeat and inclusive vibe
- Help customers with advice and ideas for design in their homes, finding the perfect gift or choosing something special for themselves
- Anticipate customer needs and addresses them proactively
- Create a smooth, clean and clear process at checkout, including accurately ringing up items and packing with care and attention
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the products we carry with curiosity and share those stories with customers
- Find answers to product inquiries on your own using available resources
- Personalize customer interactions by sharing your own experiences and thoughtful product stories
- Work to maintain the visual standard of the shops by regularly restocking, remerchandising and cleaning
Please send an email with your résumé, pay expectations and why you think you’d be perfect for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.