If you’re passionate about customer service and design, come join our amazing team for the holidays!
We are looking for a seasonal shop manager to work with us during our busiest time of year. The dates of employment are November 1, 2023 through January 3, 2024. Applicants should be available for the duration of the holiday season and not planning to take time off around Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas or New Years Eve.
On a mission to inspire and promote well-being by empowering people to create thoughtful spaces that nurture and comfort them. We are storytellers, and we believe our homes are our sanctuaries, waiting to be filled with those stories. We are moved by the moments our customers find a perfect gift for someone special, or fall in love with the pillow that brightens up their whole space. And we are wildly passionate about supporting independent makers, designers and artists, especially women and people of color, and amplifying their work on our shelves.
A leader and tastemaker on the retail floor with a passion for storytelling and making human connections. You’ll use your creativity and people skills to create a warm and hospitable experience for both customers and our team. As a role model and manager of our shop teams, you’ll guide associates to maximize sales, keep the shops looking fresh and inspiring, and embody our authentic, engaged style of customer service, all while setting an example for positivity, productivity and kindness.
- $21 / hour starting rate with annual raises
- Store credit bonuses if we hit monthly sales goals
- Your favorite candle, pillow, throw (all our goods!) at an awesome discount
- A team culture that supports wellness, openness and individuality
WE ASK FOR
- Availability to work 11/1/23-1/3/24 + commitment to working evenings, weekends and holidays is a must; at least 4 weekend shifts per month
- Full-time 40 hour/week position
- Availability to work at all locations as needed
- The flexibility to back-up your team to manage call outs / scheduling conflicts
- Adaptability to manage multiple projects at once with efficiency and poise
- Experience in customer service preferred OR transferable skills
Key responsibilities include:
Leadership + Team Culture
- Set an example for positivity, professionalism and hospitality among team
- Actively work toward reaching sales goals by leading team with clear customer service expectations through training, leadership and sales strategies
- Provide clear, constructive + positive feedback and delegate tasks clearly to shop team each day
- Assist Store Director with hiring and training new employees
Shop Experience + Customer Service
- Greet every single customer that enters the shop warmly and authentically and ensure your associates do the same
- Exemplify + foster a welcoming, positive and service-focused shop environment through communication, body language and morale
- Develop + maintain knowledge of the goods we carry, share those stories with customers and train team members on how to learn + sell
- Ensure prompt + polite customer service by clearly communicating requests across the team and quickly following up communication on all requests and issues
- Assist in planning and executing regular customer perks, experiences + events
Visual Merchandising + Space Management
- Refresh shop displays to incorporate new products to keep merchandising fresh, inspiring and to encourage sales. Communicate inventory needs to the inventory team
- Maintain a clean, organized + welcoming storefront, shop floor and back of house environment for team + customers by upholding cleaning standards.
- Address housekeeping issues promptly and ensure shop is stocked with needed supplies
- Assist with strategizing, scheduling and executing seasonal window display changes with the help of the creative team
Operations + Inventory Management
- Assist with inventory management on Shopify and Stocky to ensure inventory is accurate and products are not oversold
- Lead and complete weekly transfers (unpacking, counting and merchandising new products) to ensure the shop is stocked and can support sales
- Communicate with operations team on Slack in a timely and professional manner
....and much more! This is a dynamic role that requires a genuine love for customer service, adaptability, computer proficiency, strong written / oral communication and the ability to support the needs of the shop and the team as they arise.
As a company, all are welcome to work and shop with us. We believe in generosity of spirit and empathy. And we believe in social responsibility. We are committed to using our position and platform to support our community in meaningful ways and to advocate for social and racial justice.
Please send an email with your résumé and a cover letter stating why you’d be perfect for our team to email@example.com.