If you’re passionate about customer service and design, come join our amazing team for the holidays!
We are looking for a seasonal shop manager to work with us during our busiest time of year. The dates of employment are November 1, 2023 through January 3, 2024. Applicants should be available for the duration of the holiday season and not planning to take time off around Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas or New Years Eve.
On a mission to inspire and promote well-being by empowering people to create thoughtful spaces that nurture and comfort them. We are storytellers, and we believe our homes are our sanctuaries, waiting to be filled with those stories. We are moved by the moments our customers find a perfect gift for someone special, or fall in love with the pillow that brightens up their whole space. And we are wildly passionate about supporting independent makers, designers and artists, especially women and people of color, and amplifying their work on our shelves.
An outgoing tastemaker and storyteller with a passion for design and decor. You’ll use your creativity and people skills to create a warm and hospitable experience for both customers and our team. You'll work to maximize sales by sharing product stories and helping customers solve their gifting and design needs. You'll work with managers to keep the shops looking fresh and inspiring and embody our laid-back, engaged style of customer service.
- $17.50 / hour starting rate with annual raises
- Store credit bonuses if we hit monthly sales goals
- Your favorite candle, pillow, throw (all our goods!) at an awesome discount
- A team culture that supports wellness, openness and individuality
WE ASK FOR
- Availability to work 11/1/23-1/3/24 + commitment to working evenings, weekends and holidays is a must; at least 4 weekend shifts per month
- Availability to work at all locations as needed
- Experience in customer service preferred OR transferable skills
Key responsibilities include:
- Welcome customers with a warm, upbeat and inclusive vibe
- Help customers with advice and ideas for design in their homes, finding the perfect gift or choosing something special for themselves
- Anticipate customer needs and addresses them proactively
- Create a smooth, clean and clear process at checkout, including accurately ringing up items and packing with care and attention
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the products we carry with curiosity and share those stories with customers
- Find answers to product inquiries on your own using available resources
- Personalize customer interactions by sharing your own experiences and thoughtful product stories
- Work to maintain the visual standard of the shops by regularly restocking, remerchandising and cleaning
Please send an email with your résumé, pay expectations and why you think you’d be perfect for our team to email@example.com.