Sun Room Warehouse Manager
If you’re passionate about problem solving and operational excellence, come join our amazing warehouse team!
On a mission to inspire and promote well-being by empowering people to create thoughtful spaces that nurture and comfort them. We are storytellers, and we believe our homes are our sanctuaries, waiting to be filled with those stories. We are moved by the moments our customers find a perfect gift for someone special, or fall in love with the pillow that brightens up their whole space. And we are wildly passionate about supporting independent makers, designers and artists, especially women and people of color, and amplifying their work on our shelves.
A leader and behind the scenes organizer with a passion for e-commerce fulfillment, inventory management, and warehouse operations.. You’ll use your keen eye for detail to ensure that visual and brand standards are met while packing online orders for Salt & Sundry and Little Leaf + your strong communication skills to correspond with the shops on matters of inventory and operations. As a skilled multitasker and strategic worker, you’ll be able to adapt to changing priorities and evolving business needs while setting an example for positivity, productivity and efficiency. You’re an independent worker who can juggle multiple projects at once, including (but not limited to) unpacking and processing inventory, packing orders, responding to customer emails, cleaning and organizing a warehouse space, managing inventory, and leading a team.
- $22-24/hour starting rate commensurate with skillset and experience
- 17 paid days off (including family and sick leave) plus 3 paid holidays (For full-time team members)
- Employer-subsidized health insurance (For full-time team members)
- 3 months of parental leave (at 100% pay) (For full-time team members)
- Store credit bonuses for hitting operational goals
- Your favorite candle, pillow, throw (all our goods!) at an awesome discount
- A team culture that supports wellness, openness and individuality
WE ASK FOR
- Full time opportunity available (35 hours / week)
- Efficient in Google Workspace (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc) + Slack communication is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively via multiple channels (Slack, e-mail, phone)
- Experience in e-commerce fulfillment and inventory management preferred
- Experience working with Shopify and Stocky is preferred
- Adaptability to manage multiple physical projects at once with efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, be on your feet throughout daily shifts + comfortability going up and down a 20 ft ladder (safely with a spotter)
- Efficiently pull, pack and ship online orders that come through shopsaltandsundry.com while upholding visual standards and ensuring accuracy and safety of inventory
- Learn the ins and outs of our inventory system and e-commerce platform, Shopify
- Regularly re-stock websets and gift boxes in Shopify as they sell online (inventory management)
- Communicate with shop floor teams + coordinate inventory movement across multiple locations for multiple orders daily
- Maintain a reliable working knowledge of inventory and products we carry
- Problem solve + troubleshoot order issues promptly, providing proactive and creative solutions in order to minimize returns, keep sales and make customers happy
- Receive, process and organize new inventory
- Ensure inventory is accurate in Shopify and Stocky so products do not oversell by regularly spot checking quantities and assisting with quarterly stocktakes
- Lead and complete weekly transfers (stickering, picking and counting products) between The Sun Room and shop to ensure the shops are stocked and can support sales
- Learn and understand the transfer writing process. In the event the Logistics Manager is unavailable, be able to write weekly transfers
- Refresh inventory regularly to incorporate new products keeping the shelves organized and easy to navigate
- Implement best practices and process improvements to streamline warehouse operations
- Receive Little Leaf plant deliveries with the team
- Assist in coordinating Salt & Sundry special sales (including: warehouse sales, custom orders, etc)
Warehouse Operations Management
- Maintain a clean, organized + welcoming environment for the Good Salt team at the Sun Room by upholding cleaning standards
- Address housekeeping issues and maintenance needs promptly with help from The Sun Room Director, as needed
- Lead flipping The Sun Room space in preparation for events by moving all tables, plants and furniture, clearing the kitchen, setting up rental items in their respective places. Check to ensure the elevator and lights are working properly.
- Lead flipping the space back to a functioning warehouse (moving everything back in place and resetting the space for team to work in)
Leadership + Team Culture
- Set an example for positivity, professionalism and efficiency among the team
- Actively work towards reaching operational goals by leading team with clear expectations and strategies and ensuring they’re completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide clear, constructive + positive feedback and delegate tasks clearly to operations team each day
- Assist Sun Room Director with hiring and training new employees
… and much more! This is a dynamic role that requires a genuine love for operations, adaptability, computer proficiency, strong written / oral communication, a roll up your sleeves attitude, the ability to work independently and the willingness to support the needs of the shop and team as they arise.
As a company, all are welcome to work and shop with us. We believe in generosity of spirit and empathy. And we believe in social responsibility. We are committed to using our position and platform to support our community in meaningful ways and to advocate for social and racial justice.
Please send an email with your résumé, references and cover letter stating why you’d be perfect for our team to email@example.com.