If you’re passionate about design and love helping people, come join our amazing team!
On a mission to inspire and promote well-being by empowering people to create thoughtful spaces that nurture and comfort them. We are storytellers, and we believe our homes are our sanctuaries, waiting to be filled with those stories. We are moved by the moments our customers find a perfect gift for someone special, or fall in love with the pillow that brightens up their whole space. And we are wildly passionate about supporting independent makers, designers and artists, especially women and people of color, and amplifying their work on our shelves.
A leader and tastemaker on the retail floor with a passion for design and decor. You’ll use your creativity and people skills to create a warm and hospitable experience for both customers and our team. As a role model and manager of our shop teams, you’ll guide associates to maximize sales, keep the shops looking fresh and inspiring, and embody our laid-back, engaged style of customer service, all while setting an example for positivity, productivity and kindness.
- Paid time off (including family and sick leave)
- Employer-subsidized health insurance
- Your favorite candle, pillow, throw (all our goods!) at an awesome discount
- A team culture that supports wellness, openness and individuality
WE ASK FOR
- Full-time 40 hour/week position paid at a competitive hourly rate based on experience
- Flexible availability + commitment to working evenings, weekends and holidays is a must; 5-6 weekend shifts per month
- Experience in customer service required
- The flexibility to back-up your team to manage call outs / scheduling conflicts
- Proof of vaccination against Covid-19
Key responsibilities include:
Leadership + Team Culture
- Set an example for positivity, professionalism and hospitality among team
- Actively work toward reaching sales goals by leading team with clear customer service expectations through training, leadership and sales strategies
- Provide clear, constructive + positive feedback and delegate tasks clearly to shop team each day
Shop Experience + Customer Service
- Exemplify + foster a welcoming, positive and service-focused shop environment through communication, body language and morale
- Develop + maintain knowledge of the goods we carry, share those stories with customers and train team members on how to learn + sell
- Ensure prompt + polite customer service by clearly communicating requests across the team and quickly following up communication on all requests and issues
- Assist in planning and executing regular customer perks, experiences + events
Visual Merchandising + Space Management
- Refresh shop displays to incorporate new products to keep merchandising fresh, inspiring and to encourage sales. Communicate inventory needs to the inventory team
- Maintain a clean, organized + welcoming storefront, shop floor and back of house environment for team + customers by upholding cleaning standards.
- Address housekeeping issues promptly and ensure shop is stocked with needed supplies
- Assist with strategizing, scheduling and executing seasonal window display changes with the help of the creative team
As a company, we believe all are welcome. We believe in generosity of spirit and empathy. And we believe in social responsibility. We are committed to using our position and platform to support our community in meaningful ways and to advocate for social and racial justice.
Please send an email with your résumé, pay expectations and why you think you’d be perfect for our team to careers@shopsaltandsundry.