If you’re passionate about small business and love leading a team, come join us!
On a mission to inspire and promote well-being by empowering people to create thoughtful spaces that nurture and comfort them. We are storytellers, and we believe our homes are our sanctuaries, waiting to be filled with those stories. We are moved by the moments our customers find a perfect gift for someone special, or fall in love with the pillow that brightens up their space. And we are wildly passionate about supporting independent makers, designers and artists, especially women and people of color, and amplifying their work on our shelves.
A passionate retail veteran with experience overseeing multiple stores. Someone who is a natural leader and can set the tone for a positive team culture. You love to coach and motivate people around you and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to get things done. You are innately curious and often think of ways the world around you could improve. You thrive when in motion and love that every day looks a little different. In this role, you’ll apply those traits to keep our shops running smoothly. You’ll guide our shop hiring and train new team members, while working to keep our experienced team engaged and motivated. You’ll support our floor teams to keep our shops looking sharp, stocked and polished. You’ll communicate sales goals and provide training and encouragement to achieve those goals.
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off + family and sick leave
- Employer-subsidized health insurance
- Your favorite candle, pillow, throw (all our goods!) at an awesome discount
- A team culture that supports wellness, openness and individuality.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Full-time team hire paid at a competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible availability and commitment to working evenings, weekends and holidays is a must
- 5+ years of retail management experience
- Proof of vaccination against Covid-19
Key responsibilities include:
Leadership + Team Culture
- Set an example for positivity, professionalism and hospitality among all team members
- Strategize and actively work towards reaching sales goals by leading management team with clear customer service expectations through training, leadership and sales strategies you come up with
- Provide clear, constructive + positive feedback and delegate tasks clearly to shop teams each day
Shop Experience + Customer Service
- Exemplify + foster a welcoming, positive and service-focused shop environment through communication, body language and morale
- Develop + maintain knowledge of the goods we carry, share those stories with the management team + customers and train team members on how to learn + sell
- Ensure prompt + polite customer service by clearly communicating requests across the team and quickly following up communication on all requests and issues
- Plan + execute regular customer perks, experiences + events
- Assist with logistics of new store openings, closings, and renovations
Operational + Collaborative
- Create + oversee all scheduling needs for all shops to ensure each shop is appropriately staffed to provide excellent customer service year-round
- Assist in the development, implementation and supervision of all operational initiatives set by the director team to ensure consistency in execution across all shops
- Consistently review + update all training manuals, reference guides and internal documents to ensure up to date practices
- Responsible for supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting technical day-to-day needs and issues for retail stores
- Manage shop bank, cash reconciliation + deposit weekly. Overseeing the use of all shop credit cards and reviewing statements + hand off important documents to finance team weekly
Visual Merchandising + Space Management
- Oversee the refreshing of shop displays across all locations and ensure that new products are being incorporated to keep merchandising fresh, inspiring and to encourage sales
- Communicate inventory needs to the inventory team. Initiate, work with + schedule quarterly inventory days with the inventory team
- Supervise the store teams on keeping a clean, organized + welcoming storefront, shop floor and back of house environment for team + customers by upholding and ensuring cleaning standards are maintained
- Address housekeeping issues promptly and ensure all shops are stocked with needed supplies
- Coordinate all store maintenance and repairs
As a company, we believe all are welcome. We believe in generosity of spirit and empathy. And we believe in social responsibility. We are committed to using our position and platform to support our community in meaningful ways and to advocate for social and racial justice.
To apply: Please send an email with your résumé, pay expectations and why you think you’d be perfect for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.