Salt & Sundry is looking for an assistant shop director to lead our team at our new Bethesda Row pop-up this summer!
The primary responsibility of the assistant shop director is to exemplify Salt & Sundry’s core values of hospitality, generosity of spirit, and inclusivity by creating a warm + welcoming shop experience for both customers and staff. The assistant shop director is responsible for overseeing the shop managers and associates, establishing goals for the floor team and setting the tone for positivity, productivity and efficiency in the shop.
The ideal candidate is a natural and charismatic leader who genuinely loves people. A successful assistant shop director will manage with flexibility and positivity. He or she is a resourceful and creative thinker who will create big picture goals and systems to grow and improve the shop and brand as a whole.
The key responsibilities of the shop director are as follows:
Leadership + Management:
- Set the example for positivity, professionalism, and work ethic among team
- Create an environment of warmth, hospitality and inclusion for team members and customers
- Foster an environment that’s calm, supportive and non-reactionary
- Create goals for service + sales based on data and communicates them clearly to shop team
- Provide clear, constructive + positive feedback in a timely manner to facilitate employee growth
- Delegate daily tasks clearly to shop team at the beginning of each day
- Regularly deliver creative, outside the box strategies for improving your shop, sales and the brand as a whole
HR + Team Culture
- Show kindness, respect and charitable assumption towards coworkers on and off the shop floor.
- Develop + maintain a vast knowledge of all the products we carry and uses it to train team members on how to learn + sell
- Play to employee strengths and creates opportunities for their growth
- Treat and communicate shop responsibilities + action items as a collective goal
- Create a culture of positive morale + support among team members through consistent leadership, positive feedback + regular team events
- Communicate with Salt & Sundry shop director regularly about team growth and culture
Shop Experience + Customer Service
- Exemplify + fosters a welcoming, positive and service-focused shop environment through communication, body language + attitude
- Show customers kindness, respect and charitable assumption on and off the shop floor
- Clearly communicate customer service information and requests across the team to ensure no balls are dropped
- Actively work towards reaching sales goals by leading team with clear customer service expectations through training, leadership and sales strategies
- Ensure prompt + polite customer follow-up communication on product requests for back in stock items, special order requests and complaints or issues
- Plan + execute customer service perks + experiences + events on a regular, recurring basis
- Oversee + execute shop events with team from start to finish
Space Management + Visual Merchandising
- Regularly incorporate new products + changes shop displays to keep merchandising fresh and encourage sales
- Assist with strategizing, scheduling and executing seasonal window display changes with the help of the creative team
- Maintain a clean, organized + welcoming storefront, shop floor and back of house environment for team + customers
- Oversee and assist with the completion of regular shop cleaning to create a pristine and welcoming shop environment for customers Identify + address shop housekeeping issues to promptly reach a solution or contract the appropriate repair people to assist
- Create + oversee all scheduling needs for your shop to ensure shop is appropriately staffed to provide excellent customer service year-round
- Manage shop bank, cash reserve and deposits weekly Hand off important documents to finance team weekly
- Ensure shop is adequately staffed with necessary supplies and regularly communicates these needs to operations team Identify opportunities to improve operations and shop procedures and develops new systems to address them
- Regularly assess inventory needs and relays them to the operations team. Provide constructive feedback to operations team around transfers and inventory levels.
- Use data + inventory management tools to ensure all products are represented on the shop floor at all times
- Oversee and assist with weekly product transfers
- Communicate with leadership team regularly and thoroughly through shop director + shift reports to keep them informed about shop happenings, HR, etc.
- Communicate goals and expectations to team members clearly and directly
- Exemplify shop culture by keeping communication calm, non-reactionary, honest and constructive at all times
- Ask for support from the shop director when needed.
- Keep communication open and regular with operations team to ensure product + supply needs are met
Requirements and Position Details:
- Full-time position paid at a competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience (40 hrs/week)
- This is a temporary position for the duration of our pop-up from July 2021 through February 2022 with the potential to remain on the team based on performance.
- Flexible availability + commitment to working evenings, weekends and holidays a must Experience in customer service required
- Scheduling expectations: 5-6 weekend shifts / month; back up your shop to manage call outs / scheduling conflicts
Please send an email with your résumé, pay expectations and why you think you’d be perfect for our team to email@example.com.